designed by Charles Lanyon. Lanyon designed the Custom House in 1857. Built in the Italian Renaissance style, the building features carved statues of Britannia, Neptune and Mercury. Until the 1950s the steps of the building served as Belfast's Speaker's Corner. It was here that trade union leader James Larkin addressed crowds of up to 20,000 people during the 1907 Belfast Dock strike
Lokofoto - 12" x 9.5"
*Printed photograph will appear exactly as displayed here. (including watermarks, signatures etc.)